Saturday, January 19, 2008

In Sverige and Lovin' It!


Hello everybody! I've officially been here on campus for 4 days now and I am sooooo lovin' it here! The international office staff are extremely helpful and the other international students are quite nice as well. So far there are a lot of Swedish students here but most of them are arriving this weekend as classes start on Monday.

On a sidenote...for those of you familiar with recent pop culture...there is this Mexican exchange student who always sings "Umbrella" when he sees me...we'll see how long this lasts before it gets extremely old but so far its been 4 days straight!

Initially I thought that I was going to have a room to myself, but I ended up having a roommate...just like 98% of students on campus. At first I was a little bummed when I found this out but we get along, her name is Rachel and she's from Pennsylvania.

From what I can tell SWEDES LOVE TO PARTY! I've only been here 4 days but there has been a social every single night. In Sweden it is socially acceptable to drink...A LOT...one person from the US even asked about where a local AA was located and they sorta laughed...I guess its not a talked about problem here since drinking is so popular for their culture. There are even 3 pubs/clubs on campus. Don't worry though...I will probably be spending most of my time in the library studying...lol!

So yeah, feel free to ask me questions, send care packages...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment