Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gud är god! Jag gjord den! (click here for translation)


Well, well, well...after 28 hours...5 airports...4 flights...2 bags repacked...and 1 delay I FINALLY made it to Växjö, Sweden!!! Yes folks, it was long and tiring but God saw me through the whole thing...even through having to repack 2 bags due to an airport scale that needed recalibrating...lol! (for more information on that whole ordeal in Stockholm email me). I have to admit, I was a little nervous when it looked like I was the only person left in the airport terminal with no ride in sight but soon after, a group of 3 other exchange students emerged and we all huddled together as we waited for the school bus. The staff from the internaional office arrived soon after and gave us snacks and a brief orientation to the school.

So far, I've met students from South Korea, Mexico, and Spain. Everyone has been extremely friendly and the weather is not as cold as I expected it to be. Last night it was 4 degrees Celsius when I finally made it to my room. Speaking of my room...

I LIVE IN AN IKEA SHOWROOM! For those of you who don't know, Ikea is a Swedish-founded company so it looks as if Växjö University has super discounts because my WHOLE ROOM is Ikea...seriously, even down to the wardrobe, tables, chairs, lamps, mattress, light fixtures, curtains, etc...if it came furnished in my room...I can pretty much gurantee its from Ikea. I have to admit however, my room is very nice. Its in a brand new building and it feels rather luxurious. There's even a towel warmer in the bathroom! Luckily though, there's not a bidet...at least not that I've figured out how to work yet...lol!

We have an exchange student orientation all-day tomorrow and classes begin on Monday. I'll keep you posted as to what goes down. Oh yeah, I already found a church! Its only about a 20-30 minute walk but I'm hoping I'll find a student on campus who can give me a ride. Anything is possible, right?

Thanks for keeping in touch!

1 comment:

  1. 4 degrees in ur room...r u serious????????

    ReplyDelete