Wednesday, June 4, 2008

School is over...almost time to say goodbye...




I officially had my last day of class yesterday (push play above to see video). Our teacher is really sweet and bought each of us Swedish flags as going away presents. She presented each of us with one as we hummed Pomp and Circumstance . We signed each other's flag, laughed, hugged and cried. It was a great day! I'm gonna miss all these wonderful people I've met here.

The university organized an official goodbye party for all the international students. I volunteered to make a pic/vid slideshow of the semester and not to too my own horn (toot! toot!) but everybody loved it. Some said it was the best part of the party. I included as many pictures and videos and the soundtrack was all of our favorite songs over the semester. I don't know if there was a dry eye during the last song...It's So Hard to Say Goodbye.

And just because we had an official goodbye party doesn't mean we can't have one every single day until everybody leaves. Just about all the international students are here for about a week with nothing to do so we fill the time by BBQ'in (Swede style), swimming in the lake, and just enjoying our last few days together.

No comments:

Post a Comment